Travel leggings are easy to come by in all sorts of price ranges. I’ve had some I’ve loved and others I haven’t. I wear them at home to both work out and to work from home as well as on the road on planes, trains, and automobiles.
I’ve long searched for a pair to add to my collection of standard black leggings and I finally found them in one Australian company called Pins to Kill.
About Pins to Kill
The company, based out of Melbourne, Australia, is named for pins, meaning “legs,” to kill, or “impress.” They allow you to choose from patterns featured on their website as well as to upload your own unique designs. Customers of Pins to Kill are surfers, actors, and ballerinas. They’re also travelers like us who want a unique look from their activewear.
The Pins to Kill Leggings
Pins to Kill Designs
Pins to Kill makes both leggings in their own designs as well as ones you can upload yourself. So whether you’re looking for a gift for a friend that features her favorite destination on her pants or just want to brighten up your workout wardrobe, you’ll find a style that suits you.
Funky patterns feature pineapples, flamingos, cheetah print, and geometric designs. I have the chevron pattern, pictured, in blue, maroon, and white that seems to go with just about everything. I get so many compliments on them!
Pins to Kill Features
I’ve owned my Pins to Kill leggings for six months and have road tested them on many trips, including two to the Dominican Republic, one to camp in the US National Parks, and another to Las Vegas. Here’s what I’ve found so far:
- Drying time: Every time I wash them, I line dry them because I find activewear lasts longer this way. They’re usually completely dry by the time they get out of the washing machine and don’t really need to be hung up for long. I’d estimate that they dry within 30 minutes, but that depends completely on your washing machine and conditions.
- Opaqueness: Because of the pattern I have, I don’t have a problem with opacity. Most of their designs are printed on white fabric in dark enough colors that you don’t have to worry about your black undies showing through, but if you’re designing your own pair, keep this in mind. Full color is key!
- Longevity: As I mentioned earlier, I’ve taken these leggings on trips for the last six months (and busy travel months at that!) in addition to wearing them to my weekly workout class. They’re showing no signs of wear and tear and I’ve since ripped two pairs of lesser-quality yoga pants I’ve had the same amount of time.
- Care: Full instructions on best care practices are included with your leggings, but I recommend washing in cold water and line drying. Don’t use any special pre-treatments unless you have to. They say to hand wash instead of machine washing, but I haven’t had any problems.
- Lightweight: The breathable fabric prevents any sweat odors from getting trapped and also make them an easy-to-pack item. In fact, they ship to you in a small tube just to show how small they fold down!
- Sizing: Use the sizing chart on their website for best results, but I wear a medium and am generally anywhere from a 6-10 in US sizes, depending on the brand. Keep in mind that they do stretch, but you want the waistband to sit comfortably. I wear mine high, right above my belly button, to prevent from having to pull them up constantly. They’re also listed in Australian sizes.
- Price: At $75-89 AUD, they may seem a bit steep, but are comparable with brands like Lululemon, Athleta, Sweaty Betty, and Running Bare. They ship to Australia, the United States, and beyond.
How to Wear Pins to Kill Leggings
Most of the outfits I wear my Pins to Kill leggings with look athletic and I almost always wear my Asics Metrolyte and a long shirt or tank. But you could definitely pair them with a cute tunic and flats. A fitted jacket can also dress them up along with some jewelry and accessories.
Would you wear these Pins to Kill leggings?
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using them, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. It helps to keep this site running – thank you!
I see a shopping spree in my near future! Worldwide shipping and reasonable prices – my credit card is shivering, either in fear or in anticipation, I’m not sure… 😉
Bahaha love this 😉
Please post link to Pins to kill- link that’s posted doesn’t work