Welcome to Her Packing List!
We are your ultimate resource for female travel gear and packing advice. Whether you’re looking for the best gear for your travels, pre-made packing lists, or just plain how to pack it all in, you’ve come to the right place! Topped off with stories from female travelers and the basics of travel in general, and we are literally your one-stop-shop.
Her Packing List wants to help you pack smaller, lighter, and smarter. And travel better overall!
You might be interested in:
Popular Posts and Series
- How to Pack for Anywhere in the World– Over 100 packing lists and guides to various destinations and activities across the globe!
- The One Little Thing You Can’t Travel Without– A review of dozens of little items that female travelers swear they can’t leave home without!
- Backpack Reviews– We introduce you to some lovely female travelers and the backpack they chose to carry on their adventures.
- Ultimate Female Guide to Picking a Backpack– Need help with size and features of backpacks and how they work for your trip style? This post will help!
- 30 Days to Packing a Better Bag– The ultimate series that takes you through all areas of packing from choosing the gear to getting it to the airport.
The Travel Gear section covers topics including luggage, clothing, personal care, electronics and extra bits. Our reviews and insightful pieces will help you choose the right gear for your adventures, and introduce you to some of the personal faves of the HPL Team.
Travel Gear Category Breakdown
- Luggage: Backpacks, Suitcases, Daypacks & Handbags, Luggage Accessories
- Clothing: Tops & Bottoms, Dresses & Skirts, Outerwear, Undergarments, Shoes, Clothing Accessories
- Personal Care : Hair & Beauty, Health & Hygiene, Toiletry Sets
- Electronics: Cameras, Computers, E-Readers, Smartphones, Tech Accessories
- Extra Bits: Female Travel Books
How you pack for a trip depends on the destination, the time of year, your activity level and so on. We’ve spent a lot of time acquiring the ultimate packing lists for popular (and not so popular) destinations and activities across the globe. See the master list right here.
Popular Packing List Posts
- A Fashionista’s Packing List for 4 Months Backpacking Europe– For those who want to travel to fashion-focused destinations and not feel like you’re lacking in style whatsoever.
- Ultimate Female Travel Packing List for Italy– Whether you’re drinking wine or learning to make pasta, this list is pretty comprehensive.
- Ultimate Female Packing List for a Music Festival– Outdoors, in the heat, and with lack of showers and good toilets. How do you pack for that?
- Ultimate Female Packing List for an All-Seasons RTW Trip– Round the world in a carry-on. Ali has you covered!
- Ultimate Female Travel Packing List for New Orleans– A trip to NOLA in the itinerary? Caroline’s post will cover the basics of a smart packing list.
Once you have the gear, and then you have the list, you really need to know the right (and wrong) way to pack it up (it being your suitcase or your backpack).
Hot Packing Tips Posts
- How to Pack a Backpack– It’s all about proper weight dispersal, as well as wearing the backpack itself properly.
- How to Pack a Suitcase– It’s like the ultimate game of Tetris. (Yes, we like to make packing into a game.)
- 10 Habits of Lightning Fast Packers– Adopting these habits means packing the night before a trip is no longer a big drama.
- How I Made the Best Decision By Downsizing My Luggage– Because bigger is not always better.
- Packing with the Whittle Down Method– If you’ve ever stared blankly at your full closet wondering how this packing thing is ever going to happen.
And to top off all this travel advice, we delve into a number of female travel topics, everything from traveling solo, staying in hostels or using AirBnb, and just plain telling your family that you want to travel the world.
Popular Female Travel Posts
- Common Travel Scams & How to Avoid Them– No one wants to have the best of experiences ruined by scammers!
- Should Solo Females Couchsurf?– A thought-provoking and very helpful piece.
- Tips for Traveling with Friends– Even best friends can come home enemies after traveling long-term together!
- 5 Best Countries for Solo Female Travel– Although not all-encompassing, this is a great succinct list of destinations that are known as easy for the solo female to travel.
- How to Overcome Homesickness: Our Top 5 Helpful Tips– It’s bound to hit once or twice while abroad.
There you have it! Have fun browsing the Her Packing List site and do get in touch if you have questions, comments or concerns.
Join the Her Packing List email community!
Subscribe to get our latest packing lists, gear deals, and travel news by email.