Before I left for my most recent European sojourn, I knew I needed a nice lightweight jacket that I could layer and that wouldn’t take up too much room in my backpack. I have North Face and Marmot fleece jackets, but I wanted something waterproof and more versatile.
I was also worried it would be a pain to lug around since I would be in sunny Portugal before finally reaching the snowy Alps. Thankfully ExOfficio came out with their Storm Logic Women’s Sweater Jacket in time for me to test it out. I love most of the features of this jacket, but I wanted to provide a balanced review, so here are the pros and cons to let you make up your own mind.
- Fit: The jacket is clearly fitted for women and doesn’t make us look like the Michelin Man, as puffy jackets are known to do. It curves into the body instead of going straight down, making it much more flattering than other jackets.
- Colors: I’m currently rocking the plum shade, but it also comes in black, yellow and blue. I’m easy to spot in this jacket.
- Water Resistance: Water rolls right off of this jacket and keeps the cold out, even when you are wet.
- Features: I love that it has a hood, but the fleece-lined pockets sold me. There’s also a secret zippered pocket for your passport AND this jacket turns into a travel pillow. I love anything multifunctional.
- Takes a while to dry: While I read that this jacket dries quickly, I found that it took awhile to dry after being soaked in London. This could have been a matter of not giving it enough time. I’m sure most other jackets and coats would have taken twice the time.
- Not the most fashionable: While I really like this jacket, fashionistas might not appreciate the shininess and puffy factor. It’s more function than form.
If you’re looking for some outerwear to protect you against cold climates, I recommend trying on the ExOfficio Storm Logic Sweater Jacket. It will be on my cold weather packing list from now on.
Check out the Exofficio Storm Logic Sweater Jacket on Amazon.
Join the Her Packing List email community!
Get our latest packing lists, gear deals, and travel news by email.