Whether or not you’re a girlie-girl, it’s possible to make yourself feel feminine without filling your backpack with beauty products. A little bit can go a long way when it comes to makeup.
For the lips
A tinted lip balm can keep your lips moist while adding a bit of color. Pick one with sunscreen for added protection.
- Savannah Bee Company Beeswax Lip Tint in Tupelo Honey Shimmer, 3-pack for $13.00 is made with real beeswax.
- BalmShelter Tinted Gloss SPF 17 in Girly Girl for $15.28 on Amazon offers sunscreen for those who prefer a glossy look. Get some from Amazon >>
For the face
As with tinted lip balm, a tinted lotion with SPF puts three products in one. It saves precious space when it comes down to a few items. Concealer can cover up zits and if you dab it on your eyelids it makes you look more awake. It helps get rid of that zombie-like look that comes from jet lag. And don’t forget to pack face wash to keep those pores clean.
- CoverGirl Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisturiser, Fair to Light, $6.24 on Amazon has built-in sunscreen. Get it on Amazon >>
- Maybelline Dreame Mousse Concealer Corrector, $3.82 on Amazon is in mousse form, which is one less thing to spill in your bag. Get it on Amazon >>
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towlettes, 25 Count, $4.97 for one pack on Amazon offers disposable towlettes so you don’t have to drag around a wet washcloth or towel. Get them on Amazon >>
For the eyes
A tube of mascara is plenty for me as far as eye makeup goes, especially since it takes up hardly any room. A bit of saline solution dropped in your mascara can keep it from clumping. Whether or not you pack eyeliner and eyeshadow is a judgment call.
- Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Washable Mascara, $5.27 on Amazon doesn’t stay stuck on after you wash your face. Get it on Amazon >>
- Maybelline Studio Lasting Eyeliner, $7.99 on Amazon, keeps you from having to bring an eye pencil sharpener. Get it on Amazon >>
- Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow in The Afterparty, $28.99 on Amazon, is made with natural ingredients and this palette combines an everyday look with the smoky eyes for going out. Get it on Amazon >>
For the hair
Two plastic hair ties, the ones without clasps, should be enough for your trip, even if you lose one. For travel days when you don’t have time to shower, you can use dry shampoo or baby powder to soak up the grease.
- Scünci No-Damage Ponytail Holders, 18 count, $2.49 on Amazon, doesn’t get tangled like the metal clasp hair ties. Get them on Amazon >>
- Oscar Biandi 1 oz. Pronto Dry Shampoo is $11 on Amazon and has been rated by Allure as their top beauty product. I prefer it to the aerosol type because it doesn’t contain CFCs. Get it on Amazon >>
- Pack your preferred brand of shampoo and conditioner in TSA-friendly travel sized bottles. Get them on Amazon >>
What do you pack in your beauty kit?
Join the Her Packing List email community!
Subscribe to get our latest packing lists, gear deals, and travel news by email.