Blue lines now pervade the chapters of Valerie Steiker’s novel/memoir, The Leopard Hat: A Daughter’s Story. I found myself guided through her accounts of traveling, her relationship with her mother, and her own explorations of self.
Archive | Inspiring Books RSS feed for this section
From a happiness class to Bhutan, Lisa Napoli shares in her book Radio Shangri-la about her journey to the happiest kingdom on Earth. Great book review by Caroline — have a read… because it’s inspiring.
Long before the Eat Pray Love phenomenon, Frances Mayes was writing about her divorce and subsequent life with her second husband in rural Tuscany in Under the Tuscan Sun. Every Day in Tuscany is a love letter to the region, chock full of anecdotes, free flowing journal entries and recipes.
Inspiring Read by The Lost Girls: Three Friends, Four Continents, One Unconventional Detour Around the World
Need a good, inspiring read for an upcoming trip? Caroline reviews The Lost Girls’ recent book about their life-changing round-the-world trip.
Books are heavy and weigh a backpack down! So, how many do you pack… or do you pack them at all? Caroline tackles some of these topics and gives some personal recommended reads.
If you vacation to have relaxing, free time, you should probably think about taking a luxury holiday to Turkey (just saying). And, you should probably pack a good book or two.
Do you remember the moments you’ve seen a series of photographs, watched a movie, or read a book about another country and suddenly found yourself saying or thinking, “I have to go there some day”? Heather remembers the book that inspired her to go to Turkey.
Eat, Pray, Love is a book and movie that swept across the entire world, plucking a special note in many lives. Nancy is one of those women that felt a special connection with the book, which you can read more about in the post!
It’s okay to follow your own path. Sheryll shares why The Good Girl’s Guide to Getting Lost is an inspirational book for both herself and all the female travelers in the world. Enjoy!
Deidre often read the book “Maiden Voyage” in high school hoping that some of Tania Aebi’s bravery would rub off on her. Did it work? Read on to find out why this book was so inspiring.
- The “Shop Your Prize” Travel Gear Giveaway [Ended] January 9, 2013
- Ultimate Female Travel Packing Lists December 14, 2011
- Lush Solid Shampoo Review: Godiva 2-in-1 December 6, 2011
- Infinity Skirt: Our Packing Problems SOLVED December 28, 2010
- The One Little Thing: Diva Cup to the Rescue February 14, 2011
- Ultimate Female Packing List to Road Tripping the Southeast USA May 16, 2013
- Compression Sacks: The Hoboroll May 15, 2013
- Ultimate European Train Travel Packing List May 13, 2013
- Ultimate Female Travel Packing List for Trekking Mount Kilimanjaro May 9, 2013
- My Camping and Hiking Packing Disasters May 7, 2013
- Megan E.: I have the Tom Bihn MCB and use it every day - but...
- Megan E.: Nice list! I'd also add a scarf in case your leg...
- Anna: I've never travelled with compression sacks befor...
- Dianne: All right, I went back and looked at the first pho...
- Dianne: Your review is an interesting topic, I've never h...