People who are addicted to travel inherently bask in the benefits of taking trips to foreign lands. But… did you know there are studies and research that back up all the good things travel does to us and for us?
In this episode, I explore the benefits we experience in our normal lives if we travel, and I also explore ways we can get those same benefits without needing to take an international trip (or any trip at all!).
By honing in on these points, we can improve our non-travel lives and take better, more purposeful trips in the future.
What You’ll Learn
- Amazing ways travel helps us to be more productive, happy, and creative in our everyday lives – and the research that backs that up.
- Ideas for how we can still harness these productive-happy-creative boosts without needing to take a big international trip.
- My number one suggestion for what you should be doing right now – and on a regular basis – to improve your happiness, creativity, and productivity. Hint – It doesn’t involve reading this site!
Links of Interest
- The Atlantic: For a More Creative Brain, Travel
- SAGE journals: Waiting for Merlot: Anticipatory Consumption of Experiential and Material Purchases
- Psychology Today: Three Science-Based Reasons Vacations Boost Productivity
- ScienceDaily: Spending time in nature reduces stress
- Inc. – The Benefits of Playing Music Help Your Brain More Than Any Other Activity
Put the phone down and get outside! Seriously.