I may run this packing and travel gear site, but that doesn’t mean that packing for new adventures isn’t sometimes a drag. Time after time I find myself leaving behind pairs of cute shoes, extra hair care products, and definitely any type of perfume or body spray.
When it comes to things that are deemed absolutely unnecessary for travel, perfume has been near the top of the list for years since it is both an extra liquid and a product that often comes in glass bottles that have a tendency to leak. Yet, it is also the item I seem to miss the most at key moments in my travels.
That was until I discovered solid perfumes.
When you think of solid perfumes, you probably think of messy lip balm pots, or maybe even something like those found at Lush. Luckily, there is now Aroamas, a business I launched earlier this year, with conveniently travel sized and travel themed solid perfume sticks to accompany you on your adventures.
The concept of solid perfume sticks is easy. It looks like a lip balm, but melts on the skin, carrying perfume oil to your points of application. Just swipe your wrists, neck, chest and behind the ears from the convenience of a mess-free tube. Easy!
Can You Relate?
As a female traveler, I’m sure you can relate to any one of these situations:
- You spend the entire day sightseeing in a new destination, walking in the hot sun, and finally end up heading straight to dinner and evening activities without time to actually stop and freshen up. As a resourceful woman, you head to the bathroom, splash your face, run a comb through your hair, and maybe apply some lip balm… but that’s just not always enough.
- You’re in a close-knit travel space (think plane, train or bus) and want to make yourself smell a bit fresher, but you also don’t want to spray the air and have everyone else choking on your perfume.
- You worry about having that heavy, bulky bottle of your favorite fragrance in your suitcase. Can we say leaky mess and wasted money?
- You want to go out for a night on the town, but dancing and being close to other people makes you nervous. You want a way to reapply perfume, but it also needs to fit in a tiny clutch, or even better, your pocket.
In each and every situation above, Aroamas travel perfume sticks would solve the problem. Tiny, convenient and beautiful smelling, they are the addition to your travel packing lists that you’ve been missing.
The Aroamas line was created with the traveler in mind; even the name has a little play on words in it. Our solid fragrances are meant to evoke feelings and moments of travel, or just provide a bit of practicality while on the road.
I, personally, create each and every Aroamas travel perfume stick by hand, with just the right amounts of our natural base (beeswax and coconut oil) so that it is firm and solid in warm weather yet also meltable on the skin. Coconut oil in particular is widely used in cosmetics and massage oils given it readily absorbs into the skin and doesn’t clog pores. Win.
The Aroamas Line
- Parisian – Sweet, warm and pretty, just like you. Our best-selling fragrance, and once you smell it, you’ll know why.
- One Way Ticket – A light, crisp and pretty fragrance with notes of citrus and flowers.
- Bondi Beach – Evocative of beach, sand and sunscreen.
- My Thai – A bit of mandarin, lime, basil, pepper and thyme. Think Southeast Asia but with a twist.
- Mountain Air – A clean, green, minty fresh breath of air.
- Almaty Apple – Green apple married with grapefruit and amber. Another HOT fragrance.
- Baby Powder – Baby powder, the ultimate shower fresh scent.
- Lavanderia – Meaning “laundry” in Spanish, this is evocative of clean laundry off the line. Great for when you haven’t been able to wash your clothes on the road – at least you can smell like you did!
And so many more! We even have a line of MAN SCENTS for your travel partners in crime.
What Makes Aroamas So Great?
To sum up the benefits of Aroamas solid perfume sticks, they are:
- Liquid free travel accessories that won’t spill or leak in your bag
- Alcohol free perfumes which means they are better for your skin
- Conveniently travel sized to fit in pockets, purses, cargo pockets, etc.
- Deliciously fragrant to keep you smelling sweet the world over
And let’s not forget, they are:
- Handmade with love by a traveler for travelers
Where to Buy
Are you interested in adding Aroamas travel perfume sticks to your packing list? If so, you can buy from our main online shop here. Please note that Aroamas operates from Sydney, Australia, so prices are listed in Australian dollars. If you’d like to shop in USD, or your local currency, take a look at our Etsy shop.
We ship internationally from Australia, so please factor in extra time of 1-3 weeks before arrival.
We will be launching an official Her Packing List shop soon where Aroamas will also be sold – stay tuned!