We all want more money in the travel fund – or just more money to pay off debt – which is why Emily and I decided to have a good chat about the topic.
We break down 6 sure-fire ways to put more money in the travel fund and to keep it there! But we talked so long (typical us!), I’ve actually broken it up into 2 episodes, with Part 1 featuring the first 4 tips and Part 2 featuring the rest in the next episode.
Today’s episode covers some of our favorite tips including setting clear, defined goals that push you to save, as well as the tactics that can help you stay on track. Have a listen and start putting more money away for your next trip now!
What You’ll Learn
- How I saved $23,000 for travel in just 1.5 years.
- Emily’s top tips for setting up a budget and keeping track of it all.
- The importance of separating your savings from your everyday money.
- Simple investments at home that can save you more money in the long-run.
Links of Interest
- Emily’s Etsy Shop: EmmaLeeLouDesigns
- Dave Ramsey’s 7 Baby Steps
- The Barefoot Investor
- Making Sense of Cents: What Saving $23,000 for Travel Taught Me
- The UnPacking List #1: How to Baby Step Your Way to Lower Waste Living
Set some big savings goals and start putting the pieces together that can get you there. Spreadsheet everything 🙂