Hey readers! I wanted to take a few minutes to introduce you to the newest member of our team.
As you all know, we posted a callout for an HPL Assistant Blog Manager a while back, and our response for the role was essentially overwhelming. I am truly honored to have piqued the interest of so many amazing women, and I thank you all for taking the time to send me your stories, CV’s and other interesting forms of application. I wish I could hire all of you!
That said, after hours of evaluating candidates and the role itself, we came to a realization that what I was hiring was not really one role, but two- one person as an actual assistant blog manager (helping to write, edit, format, update and keep the blog itself rolling), and the second to help with all social and outreach type endeavors.
We’ll be introducing our Social & Outreach Manager in a few week’s time, but today, I wanted to get you acquainted with our Assistant Blog Manager: Ali Garland!
Ali Garland is the blogger behind both Ali’s Adventures and Travel Made Simple. We are absolutely thrilled to have Ali on the HPL Team! Not only is she organized, reliable, and experienced with blogging, but she also walks the talk when it comes to packing and traveling simply! We couldn’t ask for a better fit.
Here are 10 facts about Ali that can help you get to know her better:
- Ali is an American expat living in Berlin. She’s lived in Germany for 4 years.
- She traveled RTW for 5 months with carry-on only.
- She met her husband through Twitter while she was living in Atlanta and he was already in Germany.
- Her travel addiction led her to travel to all 7 continents before age 30.
- She is originally from New Jersey, but she moved away before the accent had a chance to really stick.
- For 9 years before moving to Germany, Ali worked in aviation insurance. She does not miss those days.
- She is obsessed with small, cute dogs but refuses to get one because it would make traveling too difficult.
- She loves 80s music, the really cheesy kind.
- Her favorite TV show is Friends, and she can relate almost any situation to an episode.
- She believes slow travel is the way to go, but she still gets caught up in the fun of list-ticking.
Ali has been helping out with HPL tasks for the past 1.5 weeks, and I can already see how valuable she is to our team now, and especially in the future as we grow. Welcome, Ali!