The “one bag” part of this interview isn’t what’s impressive. It’s the fact that Gena Urowsky traveled to Costa Rica for nearly 2 weeks with a bag under 10 pounds in weight!
With just a school backpack as luggage, Gena nailed her one bag experiment and takes the time today to share her successes and one small regret on The HPL Podcast.
In this episode, we discuss the following:
- Gena’s inspiration to travel with just a school backpack for nearly 2 weeks in Costa Rica
- The difficulties involved with packing under 10 pounds
- The benefits of packing light as a woman abroad
- The buy-it-there mindset and what Gena bought abroad
- Gena’s biggest packing regret on her trip
- Gena’s best tip for those wanting to have a one bag travel experience but are still apprehensive
Gena Traveling with a School Backpack:
Links of Interest:
- Tim Ferriss: How to Travel the World with 10 Pounds or Less
- Tim Ferriss: The 4 Hour Workweek (Amazon link)
- Ultimate Female Packing List to Costa Rica
- The Ultimate Travel Guide to Costa Rica
- Episode 003: Learning from a Costly Packing Mistake
- Episode 001: Traveling Without Luggage
- Should I… Pack My Jeans?
- How to Do Laundry on the Road: Essential Pack Items for Hand-Washing
- Gena Urowsky: Blog, Twitter, Yelp
Take the Survey:
We are nearing the end of the first season of The HPL Podcast, so I want to hear from YOU. What have you loved from this season, and what do you want to see more of in the next season (launching 2016)?
Join the Her Packing List email community!
Subscribe to get our latest packing lists, gear deals, and travel news by email.