When you go away on a longer adventure, coming back home can be tough.
You’ve changed, but the world you knew before has chugged along as normal- and friends have even gotten used to not having you around. Readjustment to the daily grind can take a lot more effort than expected, and your family might not understand.
Brianne Miers, of A Traveling Life, knows this feeling all too well. She recently had a rough re-entry process after several months away, and we discuss this in today’s episode along with tips and insight that can help others setting off on big trips in the future.
*Please note: This episode was recorded back at the end of June.
In this episode, we discuss the following:
- The factors that make the re-entry process difficult
- Ways you can find a travel community before/after a big trip
- Brianne’s best tips for dealing with re-entry struggles
Links of Interest:
- Brianne’s Blog – A Traveling Life
- Brianne’s Social – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Meet, Plan, Go – Boston
- The Boston Snow Pile Melts! – We recorded the episode in late June, and the snow was still- amazingly- lingering.
Join the Her Packing List email community!
Subscribe to get our latest packing lists, gear deals, and travel news by email.