Whether you want to experience the tradition of a world famous festival, or just because you love a good beer, a trip to Oktoberfest is on the itinerary. In this episode of The HPL Podcast, we chat with Caroline Eubanks about visiting Oktoberfest as a woman, including what to pack, how much money to budget, and other tips for making the most of the event.
In this episode, we talk about:
- The history of Oktoberfest
- Visiting on opening day, and themed weekends to be aware of
- Where to stay when visiting
- Budgeting for beer, food, and transport
- Tips for staying safe
- What to wear to the festival
Unfortunately, Kleidermarkt, the place where Caroline mentioned getting the dirndl, is now closed in Munich.
Links of Interest:
- Caroline’s Blogs: Caroline in the City Blog, This is My South
- Caroline on AFAR
- Speakeasy Travel Scarf
- The Ultimate Female Packing List for Oktoberfest
- 10 Quick Tips to Make the Most of Oktoberfest
Join the Her Packing List email community!
Subscribe to get our latest packing lists, gear deals, and travel news by email.