Those fancy hiking/walking sandals can quite possibly be the best pair of travel shoes you buy. Kristin Repsher shares her love for the Teva Tirras in this review post.
Archive | Shoes RSS feed for this section
Caroline gives us a good intro to barefoot running shoes, and barefoot shoes that might be great for travelings with a need for hiking, running and climbing!
Athletic shoes are an important item on the packing list since you’ll be out walking quite a bit. Heather gives us the run-down on what to pick: walking, running, or cross-training.
We all loved Caroline’s 8 reasons she loves Toms as a travel shoe, but Melissa takes a different stand in this post telling us why they don’t! What do you think?
Shoes for me is often the hardest thing to pack because I want shoes for every occasion, but don’t have the space. Caroline shares why she loves TOMS shoes for travel in this post.
I might be good at running a packing website because I’ve made my share of packing mistakes. My recent trip to Kyrgyzstan left me wishing I had packed one little thing.
If only there were convertible shoes, then we wouldn’t have to worry. One pair could transform from hiking boot to sandal with zip-on and tear off pieces. It would sure as heck help us decide on the types of shoes to pack in our backpacks since we often don’t have much space but definitely have [...]
Spare Soles is another item I am adding to my must-have list. Is there anything that causes a female backpacker more problems than trying to figure out which types of and how many shoes to take with us? As it stands, I typically recommend a good walking/light-hiker shoe, a pair of Chaco sandals and shower [...]
Chaco sandals became an item of debate when I first started planning for round-the-world travel. When doing so (planning for long-term travel that is), you think hard about what you’re going to pack as you want to carry the least amount of stuff with the most value. Shoes, obviously, became a problematic item as I [...]
- The “Shop Your Prize” Travel Gear Giveaway [Ended] January 9, 2013
- Ultimate Female Travel Packing Lists December 14, 2011
- Lush Solid Shampoo Review: Godiva 2-in-1 December 6, 2011
- Infinity Skirt: Our Packing Problems SOLVED December 28, 2010
- The One Little Thing: Diva Cup to the Rescue February 14, 2011
- Meet Laura Descher and Her North Face Terra 40L May 22, 2013
- Telling Your Family “I Want to Travel” (plus how to respond) May 21, 2013
- Must Haves for Girls Gone Camping May 20, 2013
- Ultimate Female Packing List to Road Tripping the Southeast USA May 16, 2013
- Compression Sacks: The Hoboroll May 15, 2013
- Kaylin: You'd be surprised actually. In Korea/Japan, not ...
- Kaylin: I would love to see one about packing for a workin...
- Sarah G: Hi, those sports shoes that look like moccasins so...
- Megan E.: I have the Tom Bihn MCB and use it every day - but...
- Megan E.: Nice list! I'd also add a scarf in case your leg...