Riding a scooter in the rain sucks; it’s not a fun experience, especially without the proper rain coat. Most people around here wear the kind you can buy for a couple bucks at 7-11, it’s plastic, it’s bright yellow, and it’s one size “fits” all. I was tired of looking like a big yellow taxi and stumbled across the Typhoon Jacket.
Archive | Outerwear RSS feed for this section
Those of us in the northern hemisphere are starting to bundle up as fall turns into winter and we switch our t-shirts for jackets and sweaters. Packing cold weather clothes can be a pain because they take up so much room in your bag, but if you pick the right layers it makes the process much easier.
Before I left for my most recent European sojourn, I knew I needed a nice lightweight jacket that I could layer and that wouldn’t take up too much room in my backpack. I have North Face and Marmot fleece jackets, but I wanted something waterproof and more versatile.
Before I left for Australia, I owned several heavy winter coats but no lightweight jackets for cool mornings, windy days, and the rain. The North Face Triclimate jacket caught my eye, and the moment I tried it on, I knew it would be a great permanent addition to my packing list.
Rainy days happen in travel, whether we like it or not, but it pays to be prepared when packing. Carrying a few extra items can make your rainy days and sweaty moments a little brighter.
Beverley Rienemann took the time to tell us about the one little thing she just can’t travel without: her scarf! Read on to find out just why this little piece of travel gear is so important to her.
- The “Shop Your Prize” Travel Gear Giveaway [Ended] January 9, 2013
- Ultimate Female Travel Packing Lists December 14, 2011
- Lush Solid Shampoo Review: Godiva 2-in-1 December 6, 2011
- Infinity Skirt: Our Packing Problems SOLVED December 28, 2010
- The One Little Thing: Diva Cup to the Rescue February 14, 2011
- Telling Your Family “I Want to Travel” (plus how to respond) May 21, 2013
- Must Haves for Girls Gone Camping May 20, 2013
- Ultimate Female Packing List to Road Tripping the Southeast USA May 16, 2013
- Compression Sacks: The Hoboroll May 15, 2013
- Ultimate European Train Travel Packing List May 13, 2013
- Kaylin: You'd be surprised actually. In Korea/Japan, not ...
- Kaylin: I would love to see one about packing for a workin...
- Sarah G: Hi, those sports shoes that look like moccasins so...
- Megan E.: I have the Tom Bihn MCB and use it every day - but...
- Megan E.: Nice list! I'd also add a scarf in case your leg...