The following Pacsafe Citysafe 200 Gii review has been submitted by Viktoria Urbanek.
Sometimes you will find yourself in remote places, and other times just the side streets of a major city. When you travel, you want to feel safe, enjoy yourself and not have to think about whether your passport and cash are secure.
Pacsafe developed the Pacsafe Citysafe 200 GII, aka a handbag that (should) prevent opportune theft. I got mine about a year ago and it has a lot of great features that you will love!
1) Slash-proof material! I haven’t tried to cut or stab it, but it looks very resistant. The main bag is invisibly covered in an eXomesh to better protect the belongings if a slashing were attempted.
2) Zippers! The bag opens and closes with safety zippers. Usual zippers are opened pretty easily using a pen, but not this one. They would have to set the bag on fire to get inside. Additionally the zipper can be fixed to a small carabiner and no one will get in your bag without you noticing!
3) Carabiners! The strap is detachable on one side so you can unlock it and put it around something such as a table, bed or chair. Before I had this bag, I hung my handbag on my chair, not thinking about how easy it is to grab the bag and just leave (sometimes even without noticing), but this great feature allows me to prevent that!
4) Straps! Firstly, they are long enough to be carried cross-body, and secondly, they have steel rope inside so no cutting or slashing here either.
5) Compartments! The main compartment is divided into a big one, a smaller extra padded one for your tablet or small laptop, a zipped small compartment with a small carabiner for holding keys, and three small compartments for your passport, iPod, pens, etc. (one of those compartments is RFID safe so no one can get your passport or credit card information if placed inside). On the outside there is a small compartment to fit your guide book, Kindle and smaller stuff. Additionally there are two compartments to fit an umbrella and a water bottle.
- safe belongings
- super organized
- it’s small so you don’t overpack it
- it’s too small to fit my personal travel needs. I will probably sell it and buy the bigger bag some time soon.
- the strap doesn’t hold its length – I have to readjust the length frequently.
What fits in there?
The Pacsafe Citysafe GII 200 is a nice gadget that can help out a lot! But you will still have to look after your belongings and don’t leave it anywhere unattended. Read more about the Pacsafe Citysafe 200 GII on Amazon.
Have fun travelling!
>> If you like Pacsafe products, you might enjoy our Pacsafe Slingsafe 300 GII review.
About the Author: Viktoria self-diagnosed herself with chronic wanderlust in 2009 when she went on Exchange to Venezuela. Thereafter she couldn’t resist traveling to Mexico, China, Morocco and all across Europe. Viktoria launched her website Chronic Wanderlust in 2013, where she gives advice about travel gear, moments abroad and traveling itself. After some time of construction the site is now fully updated and you will love the new logo. Check her posts on facebook and other social media, too.