There’s nothing like a simple dress to give you travel style. Dresses are comfortable and provide versatility for layering and making multiple outfits. Sometimes us female travelers want to look sexy, feminine and flirty. Here are our picks for the best travel dresses.
Brooke swears by this multi-functional skirt, top and dress. It makes a very cute strapless or halter dress, depending on your preference. The silky fabric works well as a sarong or beach cover up. Available on Amazon.
- Best Worn With: If you’re wearing it as a skirt, I would wear it with a basic black or white tank top and a simple necklace, as Brooke has it modeled. If you’re rocking the dress, a black cardigan will pair nicely.
2. Patagonia Kamala Dress
Everyone loves a twofer and this dress is no exception. I purchased the Patagonia Kamala Dress a few months ago and fell in love with the funky pattern. You can wear it as a knee-length skirt or as a dress two ways. You can wear it strapless or by taking the drawstring as a halter for added support. $65
- Best Worn With: I like this dress as a halter with a cute denim jacket, bold earrings and flats for a date night ensemble or even for a long travel day.
3. ExOfficio Go To Tank Dress
As the name implies, this dress will quickly become your go-to dress as as it’s comfortable and sweat-proof. It has discreet zippered pockets for your cash and credit cards and makes for a great Little Black Dress. $65 on Amazon.
- Best Worn With: You can make this basic dress a complete outfit with a statement necklace and stylish sandals.
4. American Apparel Cotton Spandex Jersey Bandeau Dress
This one dress can be worn about a dozen different ways, so you won’t feel like you’re wearing the same thing every day. It also comes in a rainbow of colors and is stretchy. $43 on American Apparel.
- Best Worn With: Depending on which of the many ways you’re wearing the dress, a leather motorcycle-style jacket and ankle boots add to this otherwise simple dress.
5. Horny Toad Women’s Nixi Dress
Horny Toad makes great travel clothing and this dress proves it with the comfortable fabrics and useful pockets. It’s also nice enough that you could dress it up for a nice dinner. $78 – $88 on Amazon.
- Best Worn With: Throw on a colorful scarf with this dress to make it more casual or add a structured black blazer for more formal occasions.